For global organisations investing in African markets, Stears is the data and insights provider that enables quick, accurate decisions for financial and operational opportunities. Stears users get access to data from a variety of sources, economic forecasts, and constantly-updated analysis. At Stears, we go beyond just data to provide insights and context based on knowledge of local markets.
Stears Advisory consultants provide insights that enable global decision-makers to answer questions about the African markets and economies.
Your Role at Stears
You will work with a core team of consultants using data and insights to solve clients’ problems. These clients are the world’s largest and most impactful policy and investment decision-makers. At Stears, you will help them diagnose complex problems, gain a deep and accurate understanding of issues, opportunities and industry, and develop recommendations. You will collaborate across functional teams such as Design, Data Analytics, Growth, Insights and Senior Management to deliver outputs.
- Leverage critical thinking frameworks and mental models to solve—sometimes new and ambiguous—problems.
- Design and execute project methodologies for research, data and insights projects, including scoping problems, synthesising information and extracting clear insights, takeaways and recommendations.
- Work in project teams and with cross-functional teams to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Communicate effectively with all audiences, including senior leaders, in a professional manner
- Manage and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients
- Manage resources to balance multiple deliverables and meet client and internal commitments
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a structured work environment or an advanced Master’s degree with 1+ years of experience. Previous work experience in an operational, consulting, research or other related role is preferred.
- Demonstrable track record of structuring problems, synthesising information and research data into relevant and actionable outputs understandable by non-technical stakeholders, ideally in a professional environment
- High analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking to solve ambiguous problems
- Ability to spot trends in data, aggregate, disaggregate, compare and combine datasets to answer questions. Ease using Excel and other basic statistical tools is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Experience presenting to professional audiences and senior leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and local languages, as required
- Ability to manage, organise and coordinate the different activities involved in a project.
Why Stears is such a great place to work
Our consultants report Stears to be the best experience of their careers because it gave them the opportunity to
- Deepen their analytical and critical thinking skills, which they apply beyond specific domains and disciplines.
- Develop leadership and management skills and progress in their careers within Stears.
- Develop strong writing and presentation skills that they leveraged in other stages of their careers.
- Gain a high level of autonomy and responsibility by taking on responsibility for an entire industry.
- Do something meaningful by being part of a team making African data and insights more widely available.
- Competitive salaries at all levels. This role may also be eligible for other discretionary compensation schemes
- 25 days of paid time off—excluding public holidays—as well as parental, compassionate and sick leave days
- Additional discretionary financial assistance for tools needed to bolster employee productivity
- Provision of—or reimbursement for—comprehensive health insurance plans
- Investment in training and professional development
- Access to working spaces in Lagos and Abuja for hybrid working (office and remote as required)
- Access to an expert Intelligence team and unlimited access to our Stears Insights product. Stears Intelligence team includes some of the brightest knowledge experts covering a wide range of sectors, all passionate about delivering the highest quality of intelligence on the African continent.
Stears is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.