SoLo Funds is on a mission to help the millions of Americans that live paycheck to paycheck and can’t survive a money crunch. Launched in 2018 as a unique and proprietary lending marketplace, today SoLo is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loans available for borrowers and the opportunity for lenders to earn significant returns. We are a VC funded (Series B) Fintech company backed by Techstars, and Acme Capital alongside partnerships with Visa and Kiva.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our growing finance team, preferably with experience in an early stage financial technology (FinTech), InsurTech, and/or financial services company. You will report to the Director of Accounting and support the daily accounting operations at SoLo Funds. As a Senior Accountant at SoLo Funds you are responsible for capturing accounting data, processing daily transactions and ensuring a high level of accuracy and accountability to facilitate a quick month-end close. As part of the close, you’ll also maintain accounting schedules, prepare journal entries, and perform reconciliations to ensure clean and accurate financials that position SoLo Funds in the best way possible for internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, you’ll assist in the preparation of financial reports and ad-hoc analysis for our leadership team, while working closely with the Director of Accounting to polish and scale our back office processes and procedures.
What You'll Do
- Liaise with the Director of Accounting on various processes, workflows and projects related to accounting at SoLo Funds
- Own the month-end close cycle including transaction categorization, reconciliations, schedule maintenance, financial statement preparation, and budget reporting
- Lead AP processing and vendor management
- Assist in payroll preparation and payroll tax compliance matters
- Support the development and enforcement of new back-office systems, policies, and procedures
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analyses core to SoLo’s financial statements and/or business
You’re a Great Fit if You Have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, preferably financial services or technology sectors
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Online, Bill.com, Rippling/TriNet (or other PEO/Payroll systems), and Ramp/Divvy (or similar corporate card platforms)
- Superb attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to adapt to change while managing multiple workstreams
- Comfort working in MS Excel/Google Sheets, Slack, and G-Drive
- Advanced spreadsheeting skills (pivot tables, index, match, sumif, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication
You’re an All Star Fit if You Have:
- Audit experience and/or CPA candidacy
- Experience leading the month-end close process
- You can combine index, match, and SUMIF functions in Excel/Sheets
About SoLo Funds
SoLo is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loan option to borrowers and option for lenders to obtain significant value. We're on a mission to provide the most intelligent (affordable + financially empowering) option for funds and banking services by leveraging the best technologies in the world.
- Remote Workplace
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Full Healthcare Benefits
- 401K Offered
Recruitment agencies: we are fully resourced and do not need additional support at this time
Something looks off?