Finance & Strategy Manager
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Pachama is looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager to drive our corporate-level planning and financial decision-making at our growing company. In this role, you will help shape Pachama’s business model and build the foundations of a world-class FP&A function. You’ll also support investor relations and be a thought leader to our business partners. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated interest in climate tech, and a track record of success in unstructured, startup environments.
This role is remote within the United States/International. However, they must be within 3 hours of Pacific time given cross-functional & investor communication responsibilities. No regular travel is required or expected.
Who We Are:
Pachama is a technology company on a mission to restore nature to solve climate change. Harnessing the latest advancements in satellite imagery, remote sensing, and artificial intelligence, Pachama evaluates the carbon stored in our forests and monitors forest growth over time. Pachama has two distinct pathways to help brands meet their climate targets today and create long-term strategies for the future. With Pachama Verified projects, companies can invest in existing high-quality forest conservation and restoration projects vetted by Pachama’s rigorous evaluation process. Through Pachama Originals, companies can start projects from the ground up, making catalytic investments in the next generation of tech-enabled forest carbon projects.
What You Will Help Us With:
- Build and maintain Pachama’s corporate model, and own long-term forecasting.
- Drive annual planning, quarterly BvA processes, and monthly finance reviews.
- Support all corporate-level fundraising, board meetings, and investor relations.
- Lead general market analysis including industry landscape, pricing trends, competitive benchmarking, and TAM sizing.
- Help develop and drive execution of new business models and pricing structures.
- Provide financial support on build vs buy analysis and future M&A opportunities as they arise.
Experience & Skills We're Looking For:
- 5-8 years of related experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate finance / FP&A at a high-growth startup.
- Exceptional proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets, and Keynote/PowerPoint. A master financial modeler but can distill complex information to key inputs and outputs.
- High degree of ownership, directly framing and influencing Pachama’s most strategic decisions.
- Strong understanding of public and private capital markets.
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships with business partners and present to both executives and investors.
- A thoughtful work style that can think about hard problems from first principles, and pioneer business models that haven’t been done before.
- Absolute passion for our mission and a belief that we can make an impact to solve climate change.
Even if you don’t meet all these requirements, we encourage you to apply if this job description excites you. We are looking for ambitious people to help make an impact on climate change. That purpose requires us to bring together a diverse set of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to create solutions that work for all.