Carbon Solutions Expert (Remote)
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Pachama is seeking a dynamic and technically adept Carbon Solutions Exert to join our team. As the Carbon Solutions Expert, you will play a pivotal role in driving our business growth by combining your deep technical expertise of carbon markets with communication and relationship skills. You will be responsible for engaging with prospective and existing clients, understanding their carbon credit needs, and effectively conveying how Pachama's technical solutions can provide them with measurable, impactful, and verifiable nature based credit purchase and project investment opportunities.
This role is remote. However, being within 3 hours of Pacific time is preferred for this role given cross-functional communication responsibilities.
Who We Are:
Pachama is a technology company on a mission to restore nature to solve climate change. Harnessing the latest advancements in satellite imagery, remote sensing, and artificial intelligence, Pachama evaluates the carbon stored in our forests and monitors forest growth over time. Pachama has two distinct pathways to help brands meet their climate targets today and create long-term strategies for the future. With Pachama Verified projects, companies can invest in existing high-quality forest conservation and restoration projects vetted by Pachama’s rigorous evaluation process. Through Pachama Originals, companies can start projects from the ground up, making catalytic investments in the next generation of tech-enabled forest carbon projects.
What You Will Help Us With:
- Partner with the Sales team to provide expertise and advise clients on how to make investments in nature with Pachama's technology tools and projects offerings
- Deliver compelling and informative presentations and demonstrations of Pachama’s technology and value proposition to various audiences including technical stakeholders, C-level executives, and corporate sustainability experts
- Generate content (i.e. technical memos, presentations, policy briefs, RFP responses) to demonstrate the unique value of Pachama's technology solutions in the context of a high integrity and transparent Voluntary Carbon Market
- Continuously track and gather market and policy insights to contribute to the refinement of Pachama’s product offerings
- Collaborate with Product, Science, and Supply teams to deliver project-specific data to meet commercial objectives related to Pachama Marketplace and Originals business
Experience & Skills We're Looking For:
- 2-4 years of experience in a relevant field such carbon markets or forest carbon projects
- Proven track record in a technical sales or business development role, preferably in the carbon market sector
- Strong understanding of carbon offset methodologies, carbon markets, and environmental sustainability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to perform net new research, synthesize technical information, and offer perspectives on market policies that impact clients' credit purchase/investment behavior
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working with carbon registries is a plus
- Experience supporting corporate carbon credit procurement is a plus
Even if you don’t meet all these requirements, we encourage you to apply if this job description excites you. We are looking for ambitious people to help make an impact on climate change. That purpose requires us to bring together a diverse set of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to create solutions that work for all.