Executive Research Assistant to Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Wemimo Abbey
Democratize Access To Credit
Together we’ll dismantle barriers to housing for working families and use data to eliminate the racial wealth gap. The ability to build credit from rental payments has the potential to give over 45 million renters with little to no credit a pathway into the financial system. Those individuals then stand to save over $200,000 in reduced lifetime interest payments, build home equity by qualifying for mortgages, and build wealth by passing job screening requirements. The transformational impact of this cannot be understated.
The Executive Research Assistant is responsible for supporting the Co-Founder and Co-CEO through project management, writing and editing, research, and high-level administrative and relationship support functions. Coordinates special projects, compiles information and completes complex reports and analyses. Works independently or with senior leadership. Interfaces with external stakeholders. Sensitivity to confidential matters, high professionalism, tact, strong EQ, and diplomacy are paramount.
What you will help us deliver:
- Client Services & Project Management:
- Keeps abreast of Executive’s immediate and long-term commitments and plans; identifies conflicts, flags problems for intervention, and corrects course as appropriate.
- Travels to prospective client and client meetings with Co-Founder & Co-CEO ; briefs Co-Founder & Co-CEO prior to meetings and takes detailed meeting notes to send to marketing team; works with Scheduler to coordinate travel priorities
- Writes thank you letters after every meeting; conducts any necessary research for follow up
- Meticulously manage Co-Founder & Co-CEO calendar and ensures all meeting and thank you notes are entered in CRM database
- Maintains and updates Co-Founder & Co-CEO ’s leads in CRM database; keeps Co-Founder & Co-CEO apprised of any relevant news/information pertaining to a prospect or client
- Support with weekly communications to various internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinates with the Executive Assistant to the Co-CEO to manage the CEO’s Office
- Collaborates with the Communications team to vet, manage and respond to all speaking requests; determines relevance and value of each event for Co-Founder & Co-CEO ’s participation
- Handles logistics and coordination for all confirmed speaking events; assists in the preparation of speeches and speech materials (e.g., PowerPoint slides)
- May schedule, prepare materials and notes, and ensure follow-up for various stakeholder meetings including staff, Board or other meetings.
- Correspondence & Special Projects:
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by the CEO and manages and responds to all incoming correspondence on behalf of Co-Founder & Co-CEO
- Acts as the gatekeeper for Co-Founder & Co-CEO; determines the level of priority and response necessary for each item
- Plans and executes all special projects as needed by Co-Founder & Co-CEO; typically, at least 2-5 special projects occur at any given time
- Intellectual Horsepower: Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/he time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/he business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Superior writing skills
- BS/BA degree and minimum 3 years professional experience, preferably in consulting, financial services/investment management
- Significant Project Management experience on behalf of senior executive.
- As an individual contributor, proven ability to lead by influence and establish rapport with all levels in the organization
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Career-focused individual with solid business acumen
- Ability to work independently, exercise mature professional judgment, and use discretion;
- Can demonstrate bias for action, solid judgment and decision making
- Quick learning which takes the Initiative to do more than required; self-starter qualities
- Conducts oneself as an owner, treating the business as he/his own.
- Must have high integrity and strong work ethic
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with varying deadlines
- Flexibility in schedule; must work some weekends and weeknights
- Travel required: 30-60% (mainly domestic)
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & Figma, CRM systems a plus
- Competitive Salary - for Series B startup - $90,000-$145,000/year
- Restricted Stock Units (RSU)
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Fitness/Gym Stipend
- Commuter Benefits
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Remote Work Friendly - While you may need to come into the office on certain days, we trust you to manage your work and deliverables. As long as quality work is being done, you can choose the environment that works for you.
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Mission driven company with strong culture
This job is eligible only for the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
© Esusu Inc. All rights reserved, Esusu is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Something looks off?