VP of HR and People Operations
Democratize Access To Credit
Together we’ll dismantle barriers to housing for working families and use data to eliminate the racial wealth gap. The ability to build credit from rental payments has the potential to give over 45 million renters with little to no credit a pathway into the financial system. Those individuals then stand to save over $200,000 in reduced lifetime interest payments, build home equity by qualifying for mortgages, and build wealth by passing job screening requirements. The transformational impact of this cannot be understated.
Democratize Access To Credit
Together we’ll dismantle barriers to housing for working families to use data to eliminate the racial wealth gap. The ability to build credit from rental payments has the potential to give over 45 million renters with little to no credit a pathway into the financial system. Those individuals then stand to save over $200,000 in reduced lifetime interest payments, build home equity by qualifying for mortgages, and build wealth by passing job screening requirements.
About the HR & People Operations Team
Our team works with leaders and individuals across the organization to help ensure people are engaged, productive, and aligned with the company's goals and values. We play a crucial role in fostering a positive and inclusive work environment and optimizing the employee experience.
The VP of HR & People Operations plays a crucial role in shaping the organization’s culture, fostering employee growth, and driving the Company’s success through effective people strategies. This includes providing strategic leadership and oversight of the People Operations (HR) function. The leader in this position reports to the COO of the company and influences and collaborates across business functions. The VP of HR & People Operations demonstrates capabilities in people leadership, cross-functional leadership, and strategic planning and execution.
This role requires a leader with a strong HR & People Operations background who can assess business needs and work with others to recommend, design and integrate people-centered, scalable solutions. The VP of HR & People Operations is a strategic, innovative, and action-oriented leader who can develop an outstanding People Operations program and team while nurturing an inclusive and engaging culture among the Esusu village.
What will you help us deliver
- HR Strategy Development: Develop and implement HR strategies aligned with the company's mission and growth objectives. Create and execute workforce plans to support our expansion.
- Talent Acquisition: Lead the talent acquisition efforts, including sourcing top talent, developing recruiting processes, and building a strong employer brand to attract diverse candidates.
- Employee Experience: Champion an inclusive and empowering work environment. Develop and manage employee programs that foster professional growth, engagement, and overall well-being.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Drive initiatives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization. Establish metrics to measure progress and hold the company accountable for its commitments.
- Compensation and Benefits: Oversee compensation and benefits programs to ensure they align with our mission and support employee financial wellness and satisfaction.
- Performance Management: Implement effective performance management processes, including goal setting, feedback, and professional development plans.
- Employee Relations: Act as a trusted advisor to employees and leadership, providing guidance on HR matters and conflict resolution.
- Compliance: Ensure HR practices comply with all relevant laws and regulations. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment laws and best practices.
- Data-Driven Insights: Utilize HR metrics and data analysis to inform decision-making and continuously improve HR programs and policies.
- Leadership: Build and mentor a high-performing HR team. Provide strategic leadership and guidance to the organization's leadership team.
Required skills and experience
- 1o+ years of broad People Operations (HR) experience with progressive leadership in various positions including at least 5 years of experience at the senior level.
- Experience leading and building People Operations teams, and having prior success working with an executive leadership team, specifically within high-growth startups or technology-driven companies.
- Functional expertise in a range of People Operations areas including employee relations, performance and talent management, change management, culture and engagement, compensation and benefits, talent development, organizational development, organization design, talent acquisition, and the selection/administration of people operations technology solutions and vendors.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels, working rapidly on pressing issues while remaining focused on future outcomes.
- Ability to communicate with impact and adapt the approach to written and verbal communications to match audience needs.
- Deep expertise in career paths, compensation, benefits, and perks for technology and product development companies.
- Knowledge of People Operations software and integrations.
- Strong business acumen and ability to enable the business through the People Operations strategy, practices, processes, and structure.
- Advanced degree in Business, Human Resources, or Organizational Development.
- Current SPHR, SHRM-SCP certification(s).
- Experience in a small to medium-sized organization.
- Competitive Salary - for Series B startup - $175,000/ year
- Restricted Stock Units (RSU)
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Fitness/Gym Stipend
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Remote Work Friendly - While you may need to come into the office on certain days, we trust you to manage your work and deliverables. As long as quality work is being done, you can choose the environment that works for you.
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Mission driven company with strong culture
This job is eligible only for the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
© Esusu Inc. All rights reserved, Esusu is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.