Senior/Staff Applied Research Scientist (Europe, Remote)
Our mission at Chatdesk is to build state of the art human-in-the-loop Machine Learning for customer conversations. We support leading B2C brands like OLAPLEX, Unilever, SSENSE, and MARS Inc. Our community of 50,000+ conversation agents uses our AI-enabled platform to help our clients reach and support their customers.
We have raised capital from investors including Cultivation Capital, Susa Ventures, Menlo Ventures, and Harlem Capital. Chatdesk is HQ’d in New York City, and has team members all over the world, but the engineering team is primarily in Europe (Zürich, Munich, Lyon, Poland).
We are looking for someone that is excited about building real world, data-centric machine learning systems based on the latest advancements in AI research (with a focus on NLG, human-agent cooperation, dialogue, and alignment). This role will report to the CTO (Columbia University, Google Brain). You will work closely with the product and engineering teams to scope and deliver our research agenda. This will include the full ML lifecycle, from experiment design and modeling to evaluation and landing models in production. We are open to 20% publication projects, as well as preserving existing research collaborations if they are on-topic to our research agenda.
- Honesty and transparency
- Always learning and improving
- Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 3-7 years of experience working in AI teams in academia or industry
- Demonstrated experience building models on top of text data (NLP/NLU/Generation).
- Publications in a top conference or journal and/or a demonstrated track record of high impact launches in a relevant product area.
- OSS contributions / projects (you enjoy building with open-source AI tools)
- (Optional, but a plus): Experience with a typed language like Java
Note: Industry research shows that women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups generally don’t apply to jobs unless they check all the boxes for the role. If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes that’s okay — we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
Preferred but not required
- Competitive salary (benchmarked to US market)
- Stock options
- Budget for conference participation