Senior Game Developer (open to remote)
Toronto, ON, Canada · Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 7, 2020
At Bunch, we're building a lightweight digital world that brings people together when they are physically apart. On Bunch, players can meet, talk and jump into their favourite games like Roblox, listen to music, play mini-games and more.
We're a post Series A company backed by top investors like General Catalyst (investors in Snap and Discord), and many of the largest game companies like Electronic Arts, Supercell, Riot Games, Ubisoft, Take 2 Interactive and more. Most of our team comes from Meta, Google, Kik, Wildlife Studios and have built large-scale social apps, developer platforms and multiplayer games played by millions of players. You can download Bunch on your phone and check it out:
- Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.bunch.group.video.chat.party.games&hl=en_US&gl=US&pli=1
Check out tech stack here: https://stackshare.io/bunchlive/bunch
Meet our team: https://web.bunch.live/team
Learn about our culture: https://web.bunch.live/join
🤩 About the Role
Bunch 2.0 features a unique social space where you can make an avatar, build a room, socialize, dance, play soccer, or do a variety of other “hanging out” activities — before jumping into your favourite games. (Think Fortnite Party Bus where you can launch into any multiplayer game!)
Our Experience team is building these engaging user experiences in Unity with real-time networking. We don't plan to stop with just one version of this game — it will be ever-evolving, introducing new features and new fun ways to hang out with your friends inside our beautiful 3D worlds. We'd love for you to help us on our journey!
💪 What you'll do:
- You’ll report to our experiences Engineering Manager, and collaborate closely with our other game developers and game artists.
- You’ll be a generalist, ready to take on various tasks, learn new technologies, and build fun experiences in our metaverse.
- <your ideas here>: We love new ideas, so bring them!
- 5 years of experience in game development.
- Deep knowledge of Unity and C#, particularly for mobile 3D games.
- A good grasp of software architecture, particularly in game development.
- Ability to plan and estimate tasks for large projects, and execute on the deadlines you set for yourself.
- Ability to learn quickly — we use a lot of specialized tech!
- [Bonus] Have experience with ECS
🚀 Working at Bunch comes with:
- Competitive salary and stock options 💰
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans 💪
- Outfit your home office with the gear you need to work effectively 🎧
- Regular team retreats (...to be continued post-covid) 🚤
- Regular game nights and other fun activities (... in the mean time) 🎮
- We're an entirely remote company with development hubs in Kitchener/Waterloo, Toronto, New York, San Francisco, Brazil, and Germany. We can help you to outfit your home office with all the gear and tools you need.
We believe excellence is impossible without diversity, and would love to hear from women, men, non-binary, trans, parents, non-parents, and people of all ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations — especially you. ✨🌈🦄